feeling mopey?


sometimes when my day feels like the worst one ever, I see someone, hear of someone who's going through something way much worse...and it makes me so very appreciative of who and what I have in my life. It makes me think:

"hey you! stop being mopey! it can be worse! you can be going through what so and so is going through right now! snap out of it!".

a neighbor of ours at our workplace lost her husband just before Christmas. she's very sick and depended on him so much. he used to take care of the building they lived in, cleaned up for the landlord, took care of business for him...and now that he's gone, the landlord's trying to put the poor lady out. he has a smear campaign, going to everyone who would listen (even come into my shop daily) to him hem and haw and complain. He's stalking her, getting peole from the county to interview her claiming that she's an alcoholic...she stopped drinking and now he's calling again claiming she's mentally ill.

the poor woman just wants to mourn her loss in peace...and the man shut her heat off, drastically lowered the temperature on the water heater, and shouts at her in the middle of the walmart parking lot...screaming out all of her business.

the sad part...people in the neighborhhod don't know her...and sympathize with HIM.

Life is unjust...and at times I want to rip my hair out because I see so many creeps doing things like this to people who are defenseless and get away with it. She came into my shop today, a crying mess...and my heart broke for her. Because while my life has its little amounts of troubles....her life seems so bleak right now. It makes my little issues look pathetic in comparison.