a slow fade, if I were rich, and some tempting delights.....

hey hey hey!!! wats happening!!!

OMG...I just let out how old I am getting if I am quoting shows....LMBO.

Ya'll gonna know I am getting old in a few...

just wanted to share some stuff before i got on with a painful and busy day. Yep I am dealing with one of my headaches today...the kind that your eyes feel like they wanna hop out of your head and do a little dance. :O

So last night I got busy...i wanted to do a lot more but these 2 LOs gave me such a hard time getting thrown together. tonight I need to work on next week's LO for Ad THis! got the perfect photo yesterday for the cooolest ad I have seen yet!

Anyways.....

Slow Fade

Slow fade

this one is done for a challenge at Tallyscrappers. we had to have a photo that had something cut off and a Casting crown song on it. Really wanted to get this one done cuz I love them! LOL. This one I also used this week's color combo challenge.

The song I used was "Slow Fade", obviously....and the part of the Lyrics I used is as follows:

"Be careful Little eyes what you see. It's the second glance that ties your hands as darkness pulls the strings. Be careful little feet where you go. For it's the little feet behind you that are sure to follow..."

This is something that as a mom deeply touches me because I do remember what it was like to be a christian child with friends who didn't know the Lord and how easy it is to be swayed by influences, even knowing what I knew. it's easy to get caught up.

The second LO is for the dream girls. had to use the title "if I were a rich girl" and some green and bling. Now I remember the song, not the Gwen Stefani version but the original reggae version from my highschool years. The group I hung out with back then were friends with a guy who had a car and would pick us all up...and he blasted reggae music...this one being one of them. The song has the girl wondering and saying what she would do and there's a guy in it saying money can't buy love...it can buy pretty things...but that's it.

SO I thought and you know what? I am happy just the way I am. Yeah my 1st thoughts were well...I'd get this and that and give to this person and that...BUT money can't buy me the most important things. One of them being Love...happiness....from those who love me, being God, Hubby, family.

used the color combo yet again

if I were a rich girl

and some yummies:

These are the cookies I was rambling about the other day that DH baked. just for tempting purposes!!!

Molasses cookies with yum lemon icing
IMG 5145

double chocolate chip

IMG 5147

and last but not least Hazelnut cookies

IMG 5150


hmmmmmmmmm!