the bright side

hello. over at SFTIO there's a thread Rita starts called Thankful Thursday.  I have lots to be thankful for.

here's a layout once again using the nostalgia kit. I never thought that I'd scrap photos of me looking like this. This photo was taken shortly after I got sick. I was on steriods, chemo, and countless other medication which had horrible side effects.
Before all of this happened I used to think that my hubby was only with me because I was the mother of his kids...IDK why I doubted him. But I did. He showed me how much he cared and I saw what my worth to him truly was while I was in the hospital. I could see how devastated he was to see me in the condition I was in. He'd go in to work for a couple of hours, clear the schedule and spend the rest of the day at the hospital. the 1st couple of nights he'd even sleep in the room with me, until the nurses caught wind and kicked him out. After that when he saw I worried about how the kids reacted, he tried his hardest to balance it all...his visits with me, being with the kids after school and at night. Arianna was only 6 weeks old, so he'd have her sleep on my side of the bed...as a comfort to both himself and her.

SO while I went though that, there was a bright side. My looks changed dramatically. I am now longer skinny and eyecatching LOL. But I know my worth.


Last night the hubby skipped school to spend the evening with us. we went to rita's for ice cream before he left for school..we drove back to work to pick up our other vehicle and went our separate ways...and I think I looked pitiful as I drove by him, waving. 5 mins later he arrived at the house asking the kids to go into the jeep...we went here:


of course I have photos of the kids playing in the playground...but I havent done any editing....we took a bazillion photos.

SO I have lots to be thankful for. How about you?