worlds end!!!!!

 
....sorry,I mean Lands End of course!! At the risk of causing offence here,I have to say that this is possibly THE most joyless and inappropiate tourist attraction that my beloved Cornwall has to offer,infact when you are engulfed by its 'attractions' you could be anywhere in the country-were it not for the signs,and there are plenty of those! You feel like you are on a film set,the buildings appear to have been temporarily placed-they are so at odds with the beauty mother nature has bestowed on this toe of land dipping in the sea! The 'shopping village' is an evil emporium,peddling amongst other delights-London buses and pencil sketches of Michael Jackson! The cafe even manages to vulgarise the humble pasty and serves a cream tea that surely was once labelled 'display only! We visit once a year,for one reason only-I am ashamed to say,not for the views (that also turn their back on this blot on the landscape) ,as I hate heights (even more,I hate to see my children near the edge!!) so I keep well back-no,we go only for Georges pleasure,Lands End is also-randomly-home to a rather sketchy Doctor Who exhibition,complete with dodgy mannequins displaying 'actual' costumes from recent series! I was momentarily cheered by the site of the swoonsome David Tennant (who has that geek thing going on),ok not him but his stripy suit,which I noted was alarmingly small-skinny whippet! Anyway the little fella' loves it,so we grin and bare it,all its gore,the scary creatures in their ill fitting costumes,the dodgy sets with bits falling off and Im not talking about the Doctor Who exhibition here!