Arlene likes.......

Sundays. After we go to Church, we pretty much have the whole day to ourselves...no obligations to work, pop movies in to watch if we're feeling lazy, go out for ice cream. It's a really relaxing day. The bad part to Sundays? That Mondays follow.

So. what else does Arlene like?

Flowers. Lots of them. Lately I have been warned to stay out of the sun by my Dr and well...my garden has been suffering. Especially with this heat wave. I really can't putter around in it anymore because I am now breaking out where in whatever body part has sun exposure. So.not.fun.

Black eyed susans are one of my faves and we have been buying them forever. I get crushed every year when in it's place "weeds" come in and we rip them out to find no black eyed susans. Until this year I wisened up and said...lets let this grow a bit more and see what it is. Lo and behold...can anyone say "DUH".

Day lily. yep...they're getting scorched.

my asiatic lilies. yes, Arlene doth love.....

yes, roses. and yep...they need to be trimmed. I just don't have the heart to clip them just yet.

another lily...just because

don't you just love their expressions? This was taken today during one of our explorations today. :)

a little trail we happened to "bump" into.

I like learning about history, too. there was a museum we bumped into as well...all about the revolutionary war. cool beans.

what are some thing that YOU love?