oopsie :O

LOL....I made a teensi mistake in yesterday's post: reveal day for SFTIO's Dec. Kit is TOMORROW!!! In my zeal I forgot the date.

well...if you're looking to see some layouts, I'm not one to disappoint! I have TWO layouts to show you!!! (And you still get to come back tomorrow for the reveal on Wonder! yay!)

Looking through scrapbook calls I found a special little place in blogland. It's called My Paper Treehouse  and it's a faith based blog. You readers know how important it is for me to scrap about everything, so as soon as I saw the challenge I took it to heart and got to it.

Catch a break
this is based on the 11/14 challenge: searching the Word for truths that can be used to renew your mind...and having a conversation about what I need to find a rest in.

what is it that I need to find a rest from?

I tend to beat myself up. Yep...I hash and rehash the what could've, should've, would'ves. I replay different things that have happened in my life and think on what I would do differently. That's SO not cool. I know that each day is filled with His tender mercies, and that I have new and different opportunities to take advantage of NOW as long as I maintain my faith. Those past mistakes...Ok there are consequences to deal with, but the slate is wiped clean, just learn, live, and move on. I need to remember that.

I used a sketch from sketchy Thursdays. they have awesome sketches there. You should check them out.

ready for the next one?


Big enough

Once again, used a prompt from MPT and another sketch from ST.
the 11/25 prompt is based on 2 Cor. 12:9:
"And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

This lead me to think on my weaknesses and how I can let them show me that I'm not my own...

SO, the weakness I chose was my shyness. How it keeps me from doing things, and gets in the way of what I want to do! I know I need to get over it, I won't be steered in the wrong way!!! I also see this trait in my son. He's so quiet, so timid. His teacher says he's very soft spoken...I hope that he can overcome this...he's so different from his sisters...as you can see. My oldest DD is very bold and outspoken...even known to go to bat for HIM at times.

a closeup:
what inspired the title? The song Set the world on fire, By Britt Nicole.

so what do you think????