Underworld: REVIEW

****FINAL RATING: 4.20 STARS****

CATCHALL 

If I really liked Abandon, I beyond adored Underworld. It was so much better than its predecessor in every way possible. I loved every minute of it and it left me absolutely breathless when I was finished. It was incredible and shows that a series, no matter how experienced the author, can only get better.

THE HEROINE 

PIERCE
I didn't dislike Pierce as much in this book as I had in previous books. I better understood the motivations behind her actions and especially related to her fierce desire to protect those she loves. She's still a little too reckless for my taste, but it's not like I'm not reckless sometimes, so I'm actually really not one to talk. Still, I connected better to Pierce in this book than I did in the last, and so that made the book much, much more enjoyable.

THE LOVE INTEREST 

JOHN
Yay John! Damn, he's hot. Really freaking hot. He's probably my favorite character because hot bad boys are so hot. I like how he has a layer of mystery that's slowly peeled back but still not totally revealed. He shows his vulnerability in shocking and beautiful ways and I love that. He's strong, but he has his weaknesses too. And of course, he's also really caring and protective, but he'll do things for Pierce even if he doesn't necessarily want to.

THE OTHER SECONDARY CHARACTERS 

ALEX
Alex was kind of annoying in this book and I couldn't figure out why. I mean, I know why he annoyed me, but I couldn't figure out what made him act so annoyingly. So I was kind of frustrated for a lot of this book and really wanted to slap him for being so dumb.
KAYLA
I was glad to see Kayla back. She had a great sense of humor and is really fun. I enjoyed her appearances and thought that she almost made up for Alex. Almost.

THE PLOT 

Underworld was far more action-packed than Abandon, which was really nice to see. Abandon was fun but didn't have a ton of stuff going on, whereas Underworld never had a single bored moment.

Additionally, I liked the plot. It was fun and fresh.

There was so much suspense! I didn't intend originally to read this book in only one day, but I found myself physically unable to put it down.

It was really amazing. It was also extremely original, and I didn't feel like I'd read the same thing over and over. I thought that it was exciting and new, and I loved that!

Underworld's plot was extremely intense in the best way possible and possibly the most fun I've head in a while.

THE ROMANCE 

The romance in Underworld was a lot heavier than in Abandon, but no less sweet! It really develops and John and Pierce become a mature couple. They even have arguments, realistic ones, which I loved seeing. They really come into their own together in this book. I love seeing the way they interact and how well suited they are to each other. The romance in this book made me extremely happy, and even though it almost borders a tad on instalove, it actually isn't really because of the past. So, I was pleased with that.

THE WRITING 

After so many years of writing, Meg's writing is still as fantastic as ever. Sometimes it sounds a bit juvenile, but it somehow fits her characters perfectly. Pierce is no exception. It's pretty and Pierce has an achingly real voice. The description evokes sharp images and I can hear Pierce's voice in my head. I love Meg's writing. It's not overly complicated or roundabout. It's sometimes a bit simplistic, but I honestly can't say I mind. The way she does it, it fits.

THE ENDING 

Actually, I'll admit I wasn't to impressed by this. I liked the very last lines and thought they made for a great but not too cruel cliffhanger, but an event that took place slightly before this completely threw me and rather ticked me off. I thought it was unnecessary and far too convenient. It didn't work for me, unfortunately. Still, I did like how she ended the very end. Even though I didn't connect to everything,

WRAPUP 

I'm totally reading Awaken! I think the name is perfect, and it sounds so good. I cannot wait for a cover release! I just know it will be gorgeous. I'm also betting on a lot of suspense, fun, and romance. Awaken is already one of my most highly anticipated reads of 2013.

FINE.