Incarnate: REVIEW

CATCHALL 
I flat-out hated this book, which should be clear once you see the lowest rating that I have ever given a book. Yes, I gave this book 0.50 stars and would gladly have given it zero, except for the fact that the idea was original and awesome. I know so many people who loved this book and wrote awesome and intelligent glowing reviews. I hugely respect their opinions but that does not change the fact that this book was not for me. It was a complete and total chore just for me to finish it and I almost didn't. It has been an extremely long time since I've had such violent feelings about a book.

THE HEROINE 
ANA
Oh my goodness, Ana was ridiculous. She was annoying and insipid and not a page went by where I didn't want to punch her in the face. Hard. I seriously disliked her and would have been satisfied if she had never, ever been born. I absolutely hated her and could not for the life of my figure out why anyone would like her. I'm sorry, but I'm just being honest. She was stupid and got on my nerves more than once.

THE LOVE INTEREST 
SAM
Oh my goodness gracious, can y'all say cliché for me, please? No one is this perfect and yet this ridiculous at the same time. There is no such thing as a perfect person, mmm, Jodi? And yet for every single one of his faults, Sam seemed to have a million good things to speak of. I didn't like him at all. He was also extremely annoying and insipid and moreover, dull.

THE FRIEND 
STEF
Stef was the only character who was semi-decent and somewhat likable, not to say that I liked her. She was okay. But when compared to Ana and Sam, she was the most interesting freaking person in the whole entire universe.

THE PLOT 
I can pretty much sum this up in one word: predictable.

It was painfully obvious what was going to happen before it actually happened. I could have told you exactly how this book was going to end just a few pages in.

Which is just sad, people. I should not know how a book is going to end after only beginning it.

I concede that the idea which fueled this novel is, quite simply, brilliant, and that is what drew me in in the first place. Unfortunately, the execution is awful.

THE ROMANCE 
Ah, instalove at its finest. The best part (please note my sarcasm) is that there's also no chemistry. Sam and Ana's relationship is so damn boring. Nothing of remote interest ever happens and frankly, it's laughable. They were completely inane together but at the same time I wouldn't wish them on anyone else. They deserve each other, but it's still insane how much quickly they supposedly fall in love. Oh, sweet old instalove.

THE WRITING 
Jodi's writing was not my favorite. Granted, I didn't like Ana's voice, and it might have been better in third person or something. Still, something of every character is the author and perhaps Jodi's writing just wasn't for me. I couldn't stand Ana's voice and there was so much unnecessary dialogue and none of it was even vaguely entertaining.

THE ENDING 
Oh boy, I could see this one coming, much like I said earlier. I could not believe that so much of it was treated like this huge revelation when none of it was a revelation. It was so obvious how everything was going to end that I could not believe I was not supposed to know. It was stupid and it was way, way, way too clean.

WRAPUP 
Oh, I will most definitely not be reading Asunder unless I can get it for free and I have literally absolutely nothing better to do, which is highly unlikely. Plus, I already knowing how this is going to end. I don't have to know more about the story to know that. In fact, I will probably never read any of Jodi's books. I hate being angry and negative and no doubt reading more of her books will make me angry and negative.

FINE.



*FINAL RATING: 0.50 STARS*
tiny