Once: REVIEW

CATCHALL 
Actually, this book was much better than Eve. I didn't feel the need to throw this as often, which means I only wanted to throw it about every other page. Still, not horrible. I enjoyed it more than Eve in some parts and there was definitely more action, which was nice. It had more of an actual plot, which was incredible and really enjoyable. All in all, a more solid book than Eve, although I will still need more if I am to be impressed by the next book.

THE HEROINE 
EVE
I'm not going to mince words here. Eve is kind of a bitch. There were so many moments where I wanted to slap her across the face and yell at her for being an ungrateful brat. She's so selfish and self-centered and never thinks of anyone else except for herself. Even her supposed "love" for Caleb clearly stems from her own desires. I'll cover that more later. Anyway, if I thought that I disliked Eve in the first book, I had no idea what was coming. I absolutely hated her in this book and for good reasons, I think. She has no sense of caring for anyone other than herself.

THE LOVE INTEREST 
CALEB
Caleb also gets even more boring. I really wanted to smack him. Does he have a freaking death wish or something? I love what love is, people. Maybe sometimes love involves risking your life—but not in stupid ways! Not in ways that are almost certain to get you killed! Come on, Caleb, know when to step back! He's kind of an idiot and I felt no love for him whatsoever. The entire book I just kind of secretly hoped he would get his death wish granted. Unfortunately, it's pretty obvious that that wasn't going to happen.

THE SUITOR 
CHARLES
I didn't like Charles, but I didn't dislike him either. In fact, he was pretty much the only character in the book that I didn't mind. I even understood him, in a way. He wasn't some devilish all-bad person, as Eve would like to believe. I'm not saying that excuses everything that he does, but it does make it more understandable.

THE FATHER 
I forget his name, if it was even mentioned
Actually, I didn't like him. But I also didn't hate him. I think I know why he does things the way he does, even if they're wrong.

THE FRIEND 
ARDEN
She's not in the book much, but I was glad to see her back. She has way more common sense than Eve. Unfortunately, she also likes Eve, so, you know.

THE PLOT 
Actually, the plot of this book was pretty good.

Well, maybe not actually god. But it actually had a plot, as opposed to Eve, which had a nonexistent plot.

Stuff actually happened. Interesting stuff was actually revealed. Moreover, there was actual stuff. I really liked it, actually.

Sure, there were still a ton of times where I was tempted to throw my ereader. And some things were still vastly too predictable. I still could see some things coming long before they came.

However, unlike Eve, Once actually had plot twists. Real, live plot twists. Things I didn't expect.

Overall, the plot of Once wasn't too shabby.

THE ROMANCE 
Still too much instalove that isn't even love. Love is not being an idiot for someone else. That's called infatuation. Eve makes the most stupid and ridiculous choices based on this moronic "love" that made me frustrated and angry all at once. (See what I did there?) Anyway, the romance has not improved from Eve. If anything, it's gotten worse. I hate the so-called romance in these books. I absolutely hate it. This is the worst kind of instalove.

THE WRITING 
Actually, I think Anna's writing has improved. It's hard to tell, as Eve's voice is still incredibly annoying, but if I do my best to look past that I can see that Anna has actually gotten better about describing things and such. She still struggles with dialogue, in my humble opinion, but the writing has definitely improved, and I was really happy to see that.

THE ENDING 
Oh my God. This made the book for me. I thought it would be this predictable little thing, but then Anna really surprised me and I was absolutely thrilled. The ending was completely perfect. I could not have done it better myself. She completely threw me off in a good way, but I was so impressed! The ending made the next book worth reading for me. It's the kind of ending that didn't leave me feeling cheated, but satisfied. Excellently done! The ending was the thing that ensured that I will be reading the next book. I loved it, I loved it, I loved it!

WRAPUP 
Would I recommend this? Well. I would actually recommend Once, but I have a problem with recommending Eve, the first book. Still, I think that Once is worth reading. I know that I'll be reading the next book in the series, and I should have more to tell you then. Anyway, I think it's worth checking this one out! And who knows? Maybe you could even read it without reading Eve first.

FINE.



***FINAL RATING: 2.60 STARS***
tinytinytiny