Timeless: REVIEW

Timeless (Transcend Time Saga, #3)
Michelle Madow
Publisher: Dreamscape Publishing
Release Date: November 20, 2012
Source: Author
Goodreads | Purchase
IT'S A RACE AGAINST TIME.
In Remembrance, Lizzie and Drew changed the course of fate so they could be together.
In Vengeance, Chelsea set fate back on its original, deadly path.
Now, strange things keep happening to Lizzie. Things that are omens of darkness to come. A curse has doomed her to die an early death, just as she did in her past life. To make things worse, even if she can figure out who cast the curse, it's irreversible. There's only one option left for her to save herself. It's crazier than anything she's heard yet, and to do it, she'll need Drew and Chelsea's help.
Because to make things right, they must go back to when it all began…

CATCHALL
I completely fell in love with Timeless. The Transcend Time series has been fabulous so far, with marvelous characters and intriguing plots. I love the way it's all done, and I can honestly, truly say that this was the perfect ending. Like, the most absolute perfect ending. It kind of made my life a little bit. I was extremely pleased with the way this turned out and I would gladly read this series again. In fact, I will read it again. It's reread worthy for sure.

THE HEROINE
ELIZABETH DAVENPORT
Lizzie is a marvelous heroine. She's very strong, and she really has to put up with a lot through the whole series, but especially in this book. Something awful has been done to her and she now faces omens of death and danger. Just when she'd found happiness, it's ripped away. But she doesn't crawl into a corner and feel sorry for herself. No, Lizzie steps up and finds out what needs to be done to fix this. And she'll do it, at any cost, because it's that important. I really admire her strength and bravery there, and I also like that that hard choices are, yes, hard for her, but she still does what needs to be done.

THE LOVE INTEREST
ANDREW CARMICHAEL
For whatever reason, I tend to have this thing for guys named Andrew (Like every Andrew I've ever met. And Andrew Garfield, oh my.) so I kind of really wish that he went by that name. But he doesn't. He goes by Drew. Okay, fine then. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before, but it bothers me! And no, I didn't lower the rating or anything because of that. Just needed to get it off my chest. Drew is so damn lovable. I mean, he just is. He's a total gentleman, which is amazing. He treats Lizzie like a queen while also treating her as an independent woman. He's strong and protective without being smothering. Basically, he's perfect. But he can pull off the perfect somehow without seeming unrealistic.

THE FORMER BEST FRIEND TURNED ALLY
CHELSEA GIVENS
Chelsea isn't really friends with Lizzie anymore. I still don't really like Chelsea. I think she was being selfish and kind of a brat. Still, I don't completely hate her, not really. And once she realizes her mistake and how awful it was, she is willing to help Lizzie do whatever she needs to do to fix it. She can admit that she was wrong, and that's got to be really hard for her. I also think that although the way she lashed out was awful, she's slowly starting to get back to her old self.

THE PLOT
So, the plot was excellent. Just when I think I know what to expect, Michelle throws me a curveball. Think that's the expression. I'm thinking, positive, that one thing is going to happen, and then it doesn't. She always surprises me, and I mean that in the best way possible. I love not knowing what to expect. I actually kind of love being wrong because it makes the surprises that much more shocking.

There actually is some intense mystery and suspense in this book, although I won't tell you what it is. It's a surprise! But seriously, it's so good. I never saw it coming. And as to the solution, well, I had my suspicions. Turns out I really wasn't entirely correct, but I also wasn't entirely wrong. It was a sweet combination.

I mean, the whole witchcraft thing that Michelle introduced in the last book is tricky. You don't want to overuse that single plot device, but completely forgetting about it isn't great either. And Michelle achieves that balance. She really does. The magic is once again back, but not in the same way, and not too little and not too much. I don't know how she does it, but she did.

Let's just say that this was intense. Super intense. Like, totally threw me off for a second there intense! I kept up, but it was not an easy task. At the same time, I wasn't confused.

One problem I do have is the pacing was a bit weird. It felt rushed in some parts while others dragged on and on, and that was actually also kind of confusing. I never got completely lost but it did daze me a bit and not in the good way.

But, overall, yes, I loved this. Because, hello, it was spectacular. And marvelous. And probably even a little bit daring, which it just what makes it stand out so much.

THE ROMANCE
I think that Lizzie and Drew literally have one of the best romances of all time. Michelle has never attempted to use their reincarnation as a crutch for instalove, and she continues to build on their romance here. They have sparks that practically shoot off the page. I especially love the way Drew treats Lizzie. He cares deeply for her, and that just really, really comes through and is so clear. I also adore the way they're considerate of Chelsea, who was never considerate of them!

THE WRITING
Michelle's writing has always been lovely, but it has also improved so much over the series. She's even experimented with different voices. In Timeless, we're back to Lizzie's voice. Lizzie isn't the same girl from Remembrance, and her voice definitely reflects that. Also, Michelle's dialogue has become so much more fleshed out and really detailed. I also love her use of colloquial language. It really helps to make the book more accessible, honestly. And I adore all the descriptions. I can really picture everything perfectly.

THE ENDING
The ending was very romantic and sweet, and honestly perfect. It did veer towards maybe a little bit too perfect, but I think of this book as something of a modern fairy tale, so it's totally acceptable. I love the way it ends on such a lovely note; there's no openness at all, no cliffhanger. Obviously there's some sort of future, but clearly it's going to be a happy one and really, that's all I need to know. I was 100% satisfied.

WRAPUP
As a whole, like I said at the beginning of my review, Timeless was truly the perfect conclusion to the Transcend Time Saga. Reading it made my day, and it left me only with feelings of happiness! I loved this entire series, and I'm definitely going to be checking out Michelle's future works. And yes, I totally recommend this! If you're already a fan be sure to pick up this last book and if you haven't read these books yet, go ahead and get started!

FINE.

*****FINAL RATING:  4.75 RED ROSES*****
tinytinytinytinytiny