Something to think about....

SEDUCED BY A BUSY LIFE
If believers were surveyed to determine what factors hinders their spiritual growth, "falling into temptation" would be near the top of the list.
But one detriment, in particular, is often underestimated: a busy life.
Our calendars are filled with obligation and activity: Little League games, yard work, PTA meetings, business luncheons, family gatherings, church functions and more.
If we don't take precautions, the frenzied pace can take a toll on our spiritual lives. Exhaustion sets in, our stress level rises, and we find ourselves more inclined to load a DVD than to reach for a BIBLE.
Steps must be taken to ensure that a busy life does not lure us away from the disciplines that provide strength for the journey:
PRAYER, BIBLE READING, CHURCH PARTICIPATION, AND OUTREACH.
The pace of 21st-century life requires we embrace a new level of spiritual discipline. We must guard overselves from running so fast that we ultimately lose spiritual momentum and power.
A busy life in itself is not a sin. As it says in 2 Thessalonians 3:11, we were created to be purposefully busy. Unfortunately, if we don't spend our time wisely we can become "busybodies."
If you tend to run at warp speed, here are some steps you can take to maximize your time and keep spiritual disciplines a vital part of your life.
1. Honor the Sabbath (Exodus 20:8)
2. Arrive at work 10 minutes early to read a chapter from God's Word.
3. Pray in the shower.
4. Commit yourself to projects/activities one year at a time.
5. Ask your spouse or friend to hold you accountable for how you use your leisure time.
6. Take a short prayer walk each evening.
7. Designate at least 10 percent of your income and leisure time to your local church.
Taken from: Pentecostal Evangel-July 2008
Editor: Hal Donaldson

Do you know I find myself guilty of this??? Being so busy to the point of feeling scattered. Not only isn't it good for my physical being, but my spiritual being as well. Hmmm....something to work on.

and now because lately DH has been the subject of my mental tirades. (Yes, I think I am going nuts because I have mental tantrums!) I think I need to get together a list of things I love about him as opposed to what he does to IRK me. :) to keep things in the right perspective.


What I love about JR:

1) that even though I look and feel like a house he still acts like I am the prettiest thing created.
2) when he sees I am feeling down, he tries to make me feel better by getting me a little something at the scrappy spot.
3) when i have a tough day or a bad day he goes and gets me chocolate. Because he knows it always makes me feel better.
4) he is so funny. OK, sometimes his humor can get childish, but that's what makes him so cute!
5) he is patient with me. I am always running late and he's the opposite...he likes being early. Most of the time he doesn't get angry about it.
6) even though I accuse him of not paying attention to me, he always seems to know exactly what it is I want and surprises me with it. even if we can't afford it. he will scrimp and save.
7) he doesn't understand my obsession with scrapping and reading but is supportive and encouraging. Even when I am in my own world, ignoring everyone he doesnt feel offended.
8) even though he is a macho man, he isnt afraid to show his feelings. or to comfort me or his girls.
9) don't tell him I mentioned this one because I'll never hear the end of it....he looks so cute combing the girls' hair...even though when he's done it looks like they did it! LOL!!!
10) most importantly: he is a God fearing man striving to teach our kids to lead a Godly life.