word

you know what I decided?

I decided I talk way too much about scrapping here. I mean my life isn't ALL about scrapping, now, is it?

SO I'm not sure how frequent I'm doing this but I think I shall pick a word, give the meaning, and post it. It can be something pertaining to my life, or something RANDOM. If I get comments, if I don't...if I bore you, or hopefully INSPIRE...IDK. really. Either or, I'd like input...cuz you know....you DO read my ramblings...don't you???


so...my first word is:

PERSEVERE

and the meaning:
(v.)To persist in or remain constant to a purpose, idea, or task in the face of obstacles or discouragement




It's not always easy to overcome and keep going. This is one word I always use with my kids. We've enrolled them in Karate, Boxing, Violin, Ballet...and one of my terrors will always lose the will to keep going and want to quit.

I have to be very honest and say I am like this. Like when I took my Road test and failed. Yep..I failed. I thought I had it in the bag...did my parking perfect and that's what I was afraid of bringing me down...but the guy giving the exam said I was too cautious... WHAT? When I left I was so disappointed...so embarrassed. It's like giving a baby candy and then taking it away before they can taste it. I admit...I said NO MORE. This is IT. I'm not meant to be behind the wheel.

you know what my kids did? They said "mommy...what is it that you always tell us?" The next day I went behind the wheel again. And that very Weekend I drove across the Bridge, parked in a tricky spot, and drove back.

There's always going to be something to get in the way of persevering, too. Self doubt. Negativity. Rejection. Don't let anyone or anything put limits on you...even if it is yourself! Even the Bible talks about persevering. Anything worth it in the end requires sticking to it.

So say it with me...like Spongebob.... "I am NOT a quitter!"