what?!! another word?

yeah...you know I wasn't too sure how I was going to go about this... do a daily one...or just go with one when it made an impact. Still trying to figure it out somewhat.

SO far I have a small list. yep...I'm here doing my daily devotional and as I am reading these words just jumped at me...and I couldnt concentrate until I wrote them down. How can this be? IDK....

Also, the fact that the comments I have gotten regarding  my first word post have touched me...I wasn't sure I'd get any feedback at all...and to know that it had left an impression...(Thank you for your feedback and letting me know)

SO WHAT IS the word?

It is:

JOY

–noun
1.
the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation: She felt the joy of seeing her son's success.
2.
a source or cause of keen pleasure or delight; something or someone greatly valued or appreciated: Her prose style is a pure joy.
3.
the expression or display of glad feeling; festive gaiety.
4.
a state of happiness or felicity.
–verb (used without object)
5.
to feel joy; be glad; rejoice.
–verb (used with object)
6.
Obsolete. to gladden.


and a little quote:

Only those who have learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life's deepest joy: true fulfillment.
Tony Robbins



OK. who could've thought that a little 3 lettered word can have such deep meaning? What do you think of when you hear this word? Say it aloud. What's your first thought? (Please share, if you want to) My first thought was such immense happiness...or something like it but DEEPER.

why deeper? because happiness can be fleeting. it doesn't always last. Like for example...(and please don't take it the wrong way...) My kids: one minute they do something to make me so happy...like draw something for me, say something so nice, give me a hug and kiss, do something outstanding. BUT the next minute they're fighting, do something to make me angry...and that happiness went away, right? Now what if I apply JOY to my feelings for them. No matter what they do...they'll cause me joy. Those negatives will be temporary.

Last night at bible study this was the topic...and as the teacher spoke, you could see how she choked up with emotion at times. How we can let little things rob us of our Joy. circumstances,  people, things...worries...I know we can't control the first 2...but we can control how we react to them. Our attitude. Worries as well...they can cause strain. But instead on focusing on the worries...focus on the good and let things go. Things can't be taken with you when you die. they don't keep you warm at night.

As a believer, I know where my source of joy comes from. and sometimes...just sometimes I lose sight of that and let things get to me. As I was letting them this week. SO last night's class was no accident. And I hope that while wordy...this post isn't, either.



Now I couldn't end the post without a photo....so I wanted to end it with something that brings me joy. creating. A sneaky peeky of something I can't show in full till Monday.



Photobucket

Hope that your weekend is filled with joy! I will be celebrating my 11th wedding anniversary tomorrow with my sweetie.