Life happens, Love Fades, Lesson Learned

Hi!

This week has been a crazy one for me, been swamped with work and it's been giving me headaches.
I've been on top of the kids more: on them about HW, chores, and listening. Not having DH around nights is tough with 3 kids in school needing help...I can just imagine how hard it'll be when teeniest terror starts getting HW as well.

I have a layout to show you:

Another Nostalgia Kit layout. I can't say it enough, I love the bright whimsical colors...like sunshine poured in on paper. Cool die cuts, paper flowers, twine....OMG. Seriously, IDK how Rachel and Nancy come up with these awesome combos. The only thing not included in the kit were the chipboard letters from buzz and bloom.

In the photos are my parents. I finally got the courage to ask my mom about how she and my dad met. I had my suspicions but I wanted to hear the story, and know what happened.

well...my mom was in Highschool...and during the summer had a summer job through the school. as she walked home, she'd see my dad drive by. He'd wave, say hello, try to start up conversation . They knew each other because they were neighbors. And he was married.

He tried everything to charm her....and she'd resist knowing he had a family. He'd tell her he was miserable. she'd ask "then why are you still married?" he'd answer he loved his daughters. and then try to give my mom his digits so she can call. she'd refuse, but he'd make sure she take it and when she did to appease him, she'd go home and rip it up. She then tried to avoid seeing him....until one day he caught her off guard.

well, long story short, she caved in. one of her brothers saw them together, told my grandparents, and then his wife found out and more events pushed them together. I know my dad...he has that one track mind in which he HAS to get what he wants and pursues. And he chased so hard after my mom, made a family, and was happy, until someone else caught his eye and he was done with my mom....and us.

My mom has her regrets. and she asked me not to share her story with my daughters. BUT I understand her. She was 15/16, so sheltered. He was married, in his 20's, experienced, charming, persistant. He knew what he was doing. Once she came to know the Lord, she asked for forgiveness and my sisters told her there was nothing to forgive. The lesson I learned from my parents was a difficult one, and to this day I still see the effects.

 I am blessed enough now to have the hubby that I do  to show me that love isn't selfish, isn't all about "me", but about the person you love. Joy in a marriage doesn't have strings attached. it isn't fleeting. And I hope that my children never have to go through what I did as a child...seeing their family torn apart.