word 'em up!

Hello wonderful scrappy peeps.

I know it's been a while since I have done one of these...but I think today is a perfect day for WORD OF THE DAY!

Since over at Scrapbooking from the inside out the month has been about COURAGE, I decided that's a good word to bring. It sure has been on my mind!

So...the meaning, thanks to answer.com:

n.
The state or quality of mind or spirit that enables one to face danger, fear, or vicissitudes with self-possession, confidence, and resolution; bravery.

now of course...I always look just a bit deeper....
 
noun
The quality of mind enabling one to face danger or hardship resolutely: braveness, bravery, courageousness, dauntlessness, doughtiness, fearlessness, fortitude, gallantry, gameness, heart, intrepidity, intrepidness, mettle, nerve, pluck, pluckiness, spirit, stoutheartedness, undauntedness, valiance, valiancy, valiantness, valor. Informal spunk, spunkiness. Slang gut (used in plural), gutsiness, moxie.

knowing that I had to scrap about this word had me a bit worried. Just because I don't think that I am the epitome of Courage. Not at all. So I began to ask my hubby. My kids. I got some funny answers....and some that just made me sigh.

it totally convinced me that I am the antonym of courage.

Antonyms: cowardice, faint-heartedness, fear, meekness, timidity, weakness

My hubby said I have been courageous in my fight against Lupus. It took lots of it to overcome my fear of driving...and getting back into it after a bad car crash. Boldly moving far away from immediate family....

see...to me, these are all things that made me afraid. BUT they had to be done. I needed to do these things. It wasn't something that I was naturally inclined to do confidently.

You know what? One of the lovely ladies at the MB (SFTIO) pointed that out. Courage is doing something when you're not comfortable/sure of the outcome, but doing it anyways. Gotta love a forum in which discussions can bring something to light.

Now while I wish I were someone like :



It's a-OK to be meek, shy, & courageous at times little old me.

I think however, that NY's Bravest are the greatest example of Courage.



everyone has an opportunity to be courageous or , whether it goes publically noticed or not.

and a little courageous LO. :)


 
 
a little side note: our shop is located around the corner from our city fire dept...and my girls all run to the front to see the fire engines to wave at them as they pass by.