Just Thoughts

Our thoughts are powerful and require great self control. If we allow them to run rampant, focusing on things that lead us away from God, then we will wind up at a destination we would never deliberately choose.



These words hit me like a ton of bricks.

I don't think it's a secret that I subscribe to a lot of things that get sent into my inbox.

from things that are shopping related (I promise you...I don't go shopping very often! I just like to see what's new) to daily devotionals, things scrappy related. Yes. These past few days the scrappy related emails were annoying to me. All because I felt such a heavy pessimism in regards to it.

Lets face it, those pessimistic feelings started to creep into everything.
And then popping in to check my email wasn't as fun...so I let everything accumulate.

Today I started going through them, looking through the shopping emails first. Gotta love that coupon they send...or the new arrivals! Which I always never go for....because it pains me to pay full price on an item of clothing to then see them marked down considerably a month or 2 from the date of purchase. Almost makes me feel "ripped off".

Then I got to the devo's. They were like little pebbles hitting water....

and then this: Your thoughts have Wheels....

I'm so guilty of letting my thoughts wander off to places they shouldn't go. I've been fighting for a bit to help cheer someone up who's close to me...and in my effort to give them great cheer and getting no where, I wasn't guarding my thoughts. Hmmm...

It leads me to this:

Our thoughts really do have wheels. Where are your thoughts taking you today?