That's why I love you....

Hey again! Today's a happy day, in spite of drizzly/rainy weather...very little sleep, and an early day! Can you guess why? Because today's my sweet baby's 9th birthday!
I've made her a card...she specifically requested one. Complete with pretty pastels, distressing, punching, inking, misting, blinging....I went with many techniques.


We've went and bought her things off her list that we thought she really wanted. Like those Clarice Bean books she'd been eyeing at Barnes & Noble. That Barbie Jeep that came with Ken & Barbie with an extra outfit for Ken. Oh boy...she gets to strip Ken down this time instead of Barbie...She's gotten blessed because daddy found a pretty lalaloopsy doll at ToysRus.... This girl's such a joy to have in our lives. Why? Because the simplest things make her so happy. She made us a list of her must haves and kept it so simple...and pretty short. She wanted to share cupcakes and be around her Church family, she wanted her mommy to make her a birthday card.


so.....how do I love thee, silly Milly? (that's an insider which I have promised to keep mum) Oh let me count the ways:

1) I love how you always hug and kiss! Yes, everyone gets an amazing Anaïs hug when she spots them. But mommy....oh, mommy gets the special cuddles complete with the heartfelt "I love you soooo much!"


2) You're content! Any little thing makes you happy. It's easy to make your pretty little face light up with a smile. Having someone who's so easy-going is a cute little reminder to take things slowly and enjoy the little things!

3) You're sooo good with numbers. Yep, my future mathematician/accountant. I call you the human calculator.


4) You're such a sensitive soul. Yes...this means your feelings get hurt a-LOT....and that means that I have to comfort you...but it also means that you see when someone needs help a little quicker than someone else would, you show compassion and empathy easier than others. To me, that's a beautiful quality!


5) You're a lover of all things purple! I can't blame you, that color comes in so many different pretty shades that look so awesome with those velvety chocolate brown eyes of yours. I think you may have converted me!

6) You're agile. Yes...for a teeny one, you're good with athletics. You can do a mean split! You love to dance, climb, RUN...OMG are you swift!


7) You love to sing. So much, in fact, that I call you my little song bird.


8) You're artsy. You love to make things.


9) You like to try new things. Yep...mommy makes a new type of food...or I introduce a new veggie...you try it at least once before you make any decisions on it. My little culinary dare devil, you!

As I await my birthday munchkin's return from school, I hope she's having a great day!

TTFN