Yep, I made it up.

Thankful Tuesday!

I keep reading some awesome facebook statuses that mention what friends are thankful for...and it's cool to take an even deeper glimpse into how their lives are going.

I honestly think that what you're grateful for shows what type of person you are. 

Yesterday, as I was cleaning up some trash at the shop while getting ready to close, I found a whole bunch of my teeniest terror's classwork. Underneath it all was a thankful list, in both 1st draft and completed copy. It was cute to see what her list included.

Now keep in mind, she's only 6:


"I am thankful for my mom and dad. I love them because they help me.

My dad buys me stuff. My mom is nice to me. I love my family.

My dad bakes cakes, cupcakes,and cookies for me.

That is why I love my family.

I am thankful."

That certainly put a smile to my face. The fact that she chose to write about us, her family, instead of her toys or TV shows makes me think that she thinks of us while she's at school.

You'd think that was all! The girl wasn't done yet. As I looked through the classwork, I found a piece of cardstock rolled up in a  haphazardly fashion. She takes it out of my hands and exclaims:

"mommy, I made your most favorite thing in the world!"

want to see?



for some reason, the colors look off...but really, can you believe that my baby made this? I want to hang it up in a frame. now I really know that while she's off at school with all of her royal subjects...err, classmates...she's got her mommy on her mind. :warm fuzzy feeling:

Do you want to know what yummy my DH baked over the weekend? (yes, he's still baking!!!) 


I'm not sure where he got the recipe from, but it's a pumpkin cheese cake with a chocolate graham crust. Yummm....tastes like a creamy pumpkin pie. DH's so stinking proud that it didn't crack. LOL.

Oh...wanna see how my neck of the woods looked a couple weeks ago?

this is outside in my backyard...



 and the view from my front door....because I was not about to go out on the porch...LOL

Crazy, right? this was in OCTOBER!!!!

So...wait, what am I thankful for?

For fall foliage, finally! :)

For the little reminders that I am loved and thought of.

For a hubby who can bake! despite my saying to cut down on the yummies....