Waiting on Wednesday (17)

Hi there, my darling roses! It's Wednesday, so naturally that means that it is time for another Waiting on Wednesday, courtesy of the lovely Jill over at Breaking the Spine.

Guess what I am waiting on this week?? No?? You want me to tell you?? Okay, fine.

This week I am waiting on…

Stormdancer (The Lotus War, #1)
Jay Kristoff
A DYING LAND
The Shima Imperium verges on the brink of environmental collapse; an island nation once rich in tradition and myth, now decimated by clockwork industrialization and the machine-worshipers of the Lotus Guild. The skies are red as blood, the land is choked with toxic pollution, and the great spirit animals that once roamed its wilds have departed forever.

AN IMPOSSIBLE QUEST
The hunters of Shima's imperial court are charged by their Shōgun to capture a thunder tiger – a legendary creature, half-eagle, half-tiger. But any fool knows the beasts have been extinct for more than a century, and the price of failing the Shōgun is death.

A HIDDEN GIFT
Yukiko is a child of the Fox clan, possessed of a talent that if discovered, would see her executed by the Lotus Guild. Accompanying her father on the Shōgun’s hunt, she finds herself stranded: a young woman alone in Shima’s last wilderness, with only a furious, crippled thunder tiger for company. Even though she can hear his thoughts, even though she saved his life, all she knows for certain is he’d rather see her dead than help her.

But together, the pair will form an indomitable friendship, and rise to challenge the might of an empire.
 So, first things first. I mean, hello, that cover is freaking beautiful. Like, possibly the most beautiful cover I've ever seen. I seriously would consider buying this book just for the cover. In fact, who am i kidding? I totally would!

But them it even sounds awesome and epic and incredible and a bunch of other words that start with vowels and probably some that start with consonants too. Positive words that no one actually knows, which are the reason that thesauri exist.

But anyway, I am crazy CRAZY excited for this one.

You know the feeling?

The feeling where I NEED this book as if, you know, the blood that flows in my veins depended on it or something equally melodramatic.

(Actually, I totally have an ARC of this book, but whatever.)

Lovelovelove,




What are you waiting on this Wednesday?
Link me up! :)