Fedoras, Pork Pies & Snake Cuffs in New Zealand



Hello Everyone!


I'd like to thank you for taking the time to look at my blog. Sales have increased this week - maybe I can put my pocket money up to $30, Andrew? Hee hee.


I recently came across a cool website called http://www.fashionising.com/ or something like that where the peeps in the know tell us what's hitting the world's hottest runways. After *extensive* research I can safely say you will look COOL in:


-Fedoras, pork pies, trilbys, bowlers and such like are the hats to be seen in! (Male or female)


-Wood and ethnic jewellery has made a huge comeback and is heavily Egyptian and/or African influenced. GOLD or gunmetal is the colour for chain or other jewllery with huge tiger rings, snake cuffs and large glass, wooden and acrylic geometric and other bold shapes being influenced by early 60s fashion.


-Vintage, especially 1920s-1930s influenced, and other quirky jewellery (my speciality :) ) is very popular. Time to dig through nana's (and Great-Grandma's) jewllery box kids!


-Uh oh it's the return of the early 90s - yes I'm predicting cullottes (heaven forbid) and not just the long variety - yip, cullotte shorts are trying to sneak their way into the world of fashion. Don't forget the semi-cool floral prints those wide leg pants came in and those sheer flowing, lady-like long dresses.


-Nautical, rocker, military and 80s fashion continues here in New Zealand so you can probably make those clothes last another season :)


-It's not the end of the skinny jeans but thank goodness the bootleg is back. I'm predicting the flare-up of the flares and bigger floral patterns. Nothing like a bit of hip hippying.


Included in this blog is some of my recent jewellery. Please email me if you are interested in a piece. I accept International orders. The small floral brooch is a vintage-inspired glass bead hand-sewn brooch. The earrings are good ol' plastic - American Gumball Charms.
OH and ok, please check out this link to see why high-waisted pants don't fit the best of us:


Peace Out!


Annie xxxx