Ding Dong Merrily on High....

.....here comes Christmas!
the joyous coming together of my two favourite colours,red & green!Not just any shade will do,for me it has to be glorious pillar box red,sitting prettily with a 1930s hue of dull minty green!I have been working on some festive bits for my lovely friend Luna to sell on her stall at http://horshamartfair.co.uk/ this weekend.As usual life got in the way of creativity,and it was a mad dash to get a little box of goodies off to her in time!I pillaged my delightful,if a little musty, collection of childrens annuals and they came up trumps with some jolly images, that I tinkered with on my trusty printer and turned into cards,tags & gift bags.I used the pretty ribbons to make bow brooches and alicebands.A simple little collection,but quick and easy to put together unlike my time consuming cloth dollies- above!I so enjoy the whole journey of making a doll,drawing the face,carefully choosing trimmings and turning scraps into dainty clothes,but I also love to work under pressure when ideas come fast and there is no time for faffing about!Now I just need to make some more to bestow upon my own friends & family,whats the betting I will leave it 'til Christmas eve......