Femininity

Hi!

well...April is here :)

April's usually a very good month. My DH and DS have a birthday, this month the business usually does pretty well. VERY well. The weather starts getting better, more sun, more birds chirping...my tulips and daffodils (and Hyacinth) pop up to say a quick hello...and they make me start anticipating my garden. :)

This month the topic at SFTIO is Femininity!!! Growing up I was such a contradiction...I appreciated the frilly stuff but wanted to be so tough and anti girl...I didnt want to be bothered with cooking and household stuff...I wanted to go to school to get a great job and make money and hire whoever to do all the house stuff! That and hearing my mom " you can never depend on any man"...I just wanted to be very independent and have a man toy for whenever I needed one. :O

Thank goodness I have changed in my thinking!!!!

The first LO I made was this one, to celebrate the women in my life, my mom , my grandma, and my daughter (I am pregnant in this photo with my eldest DD) and how they have shaped me, what I aspire to be! My grandma and mom both possess such strength. My granny was an orphan from very young. she bounced around from home to home and when she had her babies she told me she'd beg God to grant her enough life to raise them. And look....she is living now to see great grandkids!!! She was always cooking, taking care of grandkids, sewing...gardening. The epitome of womanhood. My mom was such a tough cookie herself, raising 3 kids without a man, going back to college in the middle of it all...I try to take all the good things and I'd like to say I try my best to apply it to my life.

My son is in this picture as well, and my cousin, Natalie. :)

so wanna see the LO???