brand new week to discover

Hi! Happy Monday!

nope...I didn't necessarily wake up cheery or happy this AM....more like wiped out...BUT it's the start of a brand new week. my daughter finished her summer program with headstart, and we are done with back to school shopping!!! Only things left to buy are the undergarments and a pair of winter boots each. No biggie.

we've been shooping non stop...ended the shopping spree with a trip to some places in Jersey...last stop there? Ikea, of course. Then back to our neck of the woods to Converse...and even mommy got a pair!!! YAY!!!!

SO while it was sooo much fun to discover these new shopping places, it was also fun to discover things to scrap about. yep, gotta turn the post around to that.


I really love this photo of my kids on this hiking trail in Ft. Montgomery.  we really weren't expecting to find this, hence my DD in a dress...LOL.

A big huge discovery for me? It's all in the hidden journaling. About how I didn't take the "road" that was expected of me...that I even expected myself for a bit. Since I am book smart it's thought that my smarts is a huge waste because I have kids and chose not to continue college and on my way to a spectacular money making career. In ways I regret not finishing school just to have the eductation under my belt, but I do not regret having my 4 kids. and then dedicating my life to my family. Once my son was born I knew I didn't want to leave him with a babysitter.
I have been blessed enough that we could afford to have me stay home, I know that there are families that need both incomes to survive or to pay for their way of life.
I in no way see myself as a failure. Now we have been blessed with our own business in which I run our little shop and dispatch work, I get to work with the love of mylife, and my kids get to stay with us and learn.

The road I thought I was supposed to take didn't pan out for me...but I am so glad that the road I did travel...that beaten down rocky one....is so worth it and brings me so much JOY.  That discovery made my month.