Am I alone in this?

Film as dream, film as music. No form of art goes beyond ordinary consciousness as film does, straight to our emotions, deep into the twilight room of the soul. A little twitch in our optic nerve, a shock effect: twenty-four illuminated frames a second, darkness in between, the optic nerve incapable of registering darkness.



Can you watch a movie already in progress, or do you need to see it from the beginning?

I am one of those people who have to watch the movie from the absolute beginning...like rolling credits! I can't sit down and watch from the middle, or catch the ending. It kills me not to know the who, what, where, and why!

Now this only applies with movies I haven't seen yet. If it's one I loved, it doesn't matter...Ican plop down and watch. LOL!

Now My hubby is the complete opposite! he can start watching from whenever, get into it...and continue watching, carefree. If he likes it, he'll find out when they'll show it again...if he wants the missing pieces...but if he doesn't like it, he's like "eh...'

A movie that I can watch from start to finish? there are a few. I love Rom-Com's, I love true stories. Stuff set in "historical" periods. Dramas & mysteries are cool with me. I just don't like to watch stuff with gore or with excessive explicit language. (We have surround sound...and having to mute the sound so that the kids don't hear kinda takes the fun out of it)

I am notorious for loving chick flicks that make you cry. WHY watch a movie that makes you cry...IDK...that confounds both the hubby and I.

My ideal place to watch a movie? My living room. I close the blinds, draw the curtains, shut the lights off, get some munchies, and we're all set! The best part? That magical pause button that allows me to make a bathroom run and I don't have to miss anything!!!

so far I've seen and thought these were cool:





So...how do you watch movies? and which have you liked?