recyling or not

:)

do you recycle?

we try to do so at the teenyterrors household. each week our recycling bin goes out filled to the top, we try to find new uses for things, and we try to be smart consumers while using water/electricity. you know, we even donate our clothing? my terrors outgrow their clothes and leave a lot of them in really excellent condition....so we give it to friends who have kids, or we give it to my aunt who works in a shelter/rehab with families. they love when we send them bags because my son leaves his stuff looking brand new.

that said, my scraproom also has recycled items.


my dh made me this cabinet with the recycled frap bottles in mind! they're stuffed with ribbon. :)
behind it, (the green walls) were natural when we bought the house and made the room feel so dark and gloomy. we were thinking of removing them...but then that would be a waste! so we did the next best thing. added some paint. the color was a shock to me at first. for those who have been to my home, you'll see we love earthy tones. not bland at all...but this pretty green is high watt color!
that moulding to the right? it used to be a window...so dh turned it into a book case/shelving to house our dvds and cds.
can't stop showing bits & pieces of my room now....so

these beauties are new, but they hold scraps.

this is where my faves get displayed. this is changing soon...have lots of new layouts to proudly display here using my scrapgal kit! it's above the sofa.

part of the desk unit dh built me...not completed yet. not showing the rest because there's scrapgal stuff all over the top of my desk :P

this is a cabinet that my hubby made me full of scrappy stuff (located in the dining room) my hopes are to take over the whole house with scrappy stuff.

    so...here's the end of my mini tour. how do you recycle things?