something borrowed, something blue

well, this week has been both dragging and quick!

(wow, if that isn't an oxymoron, IDK what is!) What I mean to say is that the day drags on at work. The rainy weather has kept the shop slow. Really slow. Then I get home to scramble around to get the teenyterrors fed, then packed up and shuttled to get them showered. Thank goodness for amazing friends and family. I'm thinking that maybe the timing of gutting out the bathroom was wrong...maybe the summer would've been better since the kids have no school and the later nights for them wouldn't be too much. The kids have been doing well, but the scrambling is making fell it.

So far the new tub is in. plumbing done. new wall up. the configuration we wanted the room set up in was changed because our plumber friend let us know how much more work our plans was going to be....so I am hoping that the bathroom still ends up looking nice and feeling roomy.

Now the question that is looming over our heads is what to do with the walls. We started purchasing everything slowly as we saw things we liked that were at great prices, so we have tiles, the new vanity, fixtures, etc. the only things we haven't purchased yet are the toilet (we're waiting to pick it up when the floor's done so it's not another huge box to store) the glass shower doors (again for the same reason) and paint!

I've been browsing sites for inspiration and have noticed that the color I was leaning towards is used A LOT. :sigh: So now I'm turned off....even though I still love it, I want something different!

How's this for different?




I really love the contrasting colors. IDK if I'll use this in my bath because I have dark woods in it and very little white...but maybe I'll lean more towards this color family....who knows?

any suggestions?